Do you want to organize your closely related content in tabs to save space and make it easier and faster for your site visitors to find their desired piece of content? WordPress tabs can be your best choice to add more information in a single place. Moreover, your visitors can see the related content seamlessly without scrolling down or going to other pages.
In this blog, I’ll show you how to add tabs on your WordPress site to organize related content easily and smartly.
Table of contents
4 easy steps to add WordPress Tabs
Follow these simple steps to add WordPress tabs in minutes. Moreover, it doesn’t require any coding knowledge.
Step 1: Install and activate WP Tabs
Unfortunately, WordPress doesn’t offer to add tabs by default. So, you must install and activate a good tab plugin that helps you add tabs seamlessly without writing codes.
However, a good plugin doesn’t mean only offering tons of features but also being well-coded, updated with the latest web technologies, light-weight, slick, fast, and most importantly, easy to use. Considering these facts, I prefer WP Tabs to easily create responsive tabs in WordPress. Undoubtedly, it can be the best choice for you too.
Let’s install and activate WP Tabs.
First, click WP Tabs to download it. After that, Open your WordPress dashboard in a new tab and follow the simple instructions below.
- Click Plugins at your WordPress dashboard admin sidebar.
- Click Add New under the Plugins.
- Click Upload Plugin.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the wp-expand-tabs-free zip file. If you don’t find it, please click here and then click Downloads again. Found it? Great!
- Click Open.
- Click Install Now.
8. Finally, click Activate Plugin to have the WP Tabs on your WordPress dashboard admin sidebar.
Step 2: Add tab titles and content
Once you install and activate WP Tabs, it must be on your WordPress admin sidebar, as seen in the image below.
- First, click WP Tabs.
- Click Add New.
- Give your tabs a title.
- Select Content.
- Click Add New Tab. Once you click it, it expands two text fields. The first field is for a tab title, and the second is for its description. You can see them below.
- Write a title for your first tab.
- Write the tabbed content of your first tab.
- Click Add New Tab to add a new one. Thus, you can add as many tabs as you want.
Step 3: Design your WordPress tabs and tabbed content
After you add all your tab titles and tabbed content, it’s time to dive into designing your tab bar and tabbed content. With the robust features of WP Tabs, you can create your WordPress tabs exactly how you want.
- First, select the tab named TABS SETTINGS.
- Select the Horizontal layout to display your tabs horizontally.
- There are three tabs in this tab bar. Each tab has plenty of design features. With them, you can design your tab bar and tabbed content how you want. So, explore them individually and try them out as per your needs.
- Design is an iterative process. So, you can see the Preview by clicking the SHOW PREVIEW button after applying some design features, and you can go back to revamp it if needed. In this way, you can perfectly make your tab bar and tabbed content how it should be.
- After you design your tabs perfectly, hit the Publish or Update button.
You can see some demos or watch the following tutorial to get more ideas about designing WordPress tabbed content.
Step 4: Publish your WordPress tabs
After you design your WordPress tabs how they should be, it’s time to hit the publish button.
- First, click + (the plus icon).
- Next, type WP Tabs in the search bar.
- Click the WP Tabs Gutenberg block.
- Click the dropdown. It will show the list of tab group titles (tab group shortcodes) you’ve created.
- Select the title you want to publish.
- Finally, hit the Publish or Update button.
Great! You have done it.
Here is how WordPress tabs look.
Adding WordPress tabs is an easy and space-saving way to display your closely related content. Moreover, it improves your site’s user experience with better interactivity. You have to follow only four easy steps to get it done for your website.
So, let’s add WordPress tabs to your website now.
Thanks for reading. We highly appreciate your comments and always strive to respond to them promptly.
If you find this blog helpful, please share it with your friends and followers on social media.