Displaying clients’ testimonials on your websites is the most effective marketing strategy. Because new visitors usually don’t trust your enticing words about your products and services. But when they see consumers’ positive reviews on your site, they trust and don’t delay in making purchasing decisions. A survey shows that more than 90% of online visitors read reviews, and 84% trust them. So a WordPress testimonial carousel can be a great way to showcase your clients’ testimonials on your WordPress sites or landing pages. Indeed, testimonials provide strong social proof and build your brand loyalty.
Do you want to grow visitors’ trust in your products or services and boost sales? Do you want to create an attractive testimonial carousel for that? If you do, this blog is for you. In this blog, I’ll show you how I create a testimonial carousel in minutes. So, please read the blog to the end and enjoy the easiest way to create a testimonial carousel today.
Table of contents
- What is a testimonial carousel?
- How to create a WordPress testimonial Carousel
- Final thoughts
What is a testimonial carousel?
Generally, a testimonial refers to buyers’ positive reviews about your products or services. When you create a slideshow with a group of testimonials, it is called a testimonial carousel or slider.
However, a testimonial slider displays a single testimonial at a time, while a testimonial carousel shows multiple testimonials at once.
How to create a WordPress testimonial Carousel
You have to follow only four easy steps to create a WordPress testimonial slideshow. Moreover, you can do it in minutes without a single line of code.
Step 1: Install and activate Real Testimonials
This plugin has made my testimonial showcase creation tasks super easy. Not only I but more than 40,000 WordPress lovers also prefer this feature-rich and easy-to-use plugin to create mesmerizing testimonial showcases.
Let’s install this plugin.
First, click Real Testimonials to download it. After that, go to your WordPress dashboard.
- First, click Plugins available in your WordPress dashboard left sidebar.
- Click Add New under the Plugins.
- Click Upload Plugin next to the Add Plugins at the top of your WordPress dashboard.
- Click Choose File. It will take you to your downloads on your computer.
- Select the zip file testimonials-free from your download list on your computer. Unfortunately, if you don’t see it in the list, please click here. Sorry for the inconvenience. Go back to the download list. You will find it now.
- Click Open.
- Click Install Now. It will take you to the following interface.
8. Finally, click Activate Plugin button to get the plugin on your WordPress admin sidebar.
Step 2: Add testimonials
After you install Real Testimonials successfully, it should be on your WordPress admin sidebar, as you can see in the following image.
- First, click Real Testimonials.
- Click Add New.
- Paste the title of your client’s review in the text field. For instance, I have pasted: Beautiful features. I copied it and its relevant information from the Real Testimonials’ reviews on the WordPress plugin repository. You can collect where your product reviews are available. If you don’t have any reviews, you can collect reviews from your clients with Real Testimonials. Watch this video tutorial to collect reviews from your customers.
- Paste the body of your client’s review in the text field. Let me paste the body: “Excellent and elegant plugin, allowing you to place reference persons or customer quotes on your website. The plugin is updated, making it possible to work with at least PHP 8.0 databases.”
- Fill out the required fields with accurate information.
- Set the reviewer’s photo.
- Finally, hit the Publish button.
Thus, you can add as many testimonials as you want. Let me add some more testimonials this way. Now, let’s dive into designing an attractive carousel with these testimonials.
Step 3: Design your testimonial carousel
Real Testimonials offers you a wide range of design features. With them, you can design your WordPress Testimonial Carousel how you want.
- First, click Real Testimonials.
- Click Manage Views.
- Give your testimonial carousel a title.
- Click GENERAL SETTING.
- Select the Slider layout.
- Insert 3 or the number of testimonials you want to show at once.
- Have a look at these six tabs and their features. Each has many features to design your WordPress testimonial carousel exactly how you want. Explore all the features individually and apply what you need to make the carousel more attractive.
- Click the SHOW PREVIEW button to see how it looks. If everything sounds good, let’s go to publish.
- Finally, hit the Publish button.
You can see the documentation or watch the following tutorial to learn more.
Step 4. Publish your WordPress testimonial carousel
If everything looks awesome, it’s time to publish it. It’s so simple. First, go to the page or post you want to display your testimonial carousel. Also, you can add a new page or post by clicking Add New under Pages or Posts from your admin sidebar.
- Click the plus icon.
- Type Real Testimonials in the search bar.
- Click Real Testimonials.
- Click the dropdown. It will display the list of WordPress testimonial carousel titles (carousel shortcodes) you’ve created.
- Find the title or shortcode you want to publish and click it.
Superb! Your WordPress testimonial carousel is almost live.
6. Finally, if everything looks perfect, hit the Publish button at the top right corner.
Major benefits of showcasing testimonials on your website
“The customer’s perception is your reality,” said Kate Zabriskie, President, Business Training Works. Every client wants to find out real information about your products and services before purchasing first time. So, showing testimonials of your products and services is crucial. Its major benefits include:
- Provide strong social proof: Testimonials provide strong social proof that ensures quality.
- Increase trust: Testimonials increase credibility, and buyers don’t hesitate to purchase.
- Promote your products and services: Testimonials describe your products and services. These unbiased descriptions promote your products and services more than your advertising words do.
- Turn visitors into customers: Testimonials increase conversion rate up to 60%. Your clients’ positive reviews work best to turn visitors into customers.
- Boost sales: A case study shows that 90% of people see online reviews, and 84% get influenced. Testimonials promote your products and boost sales.
- Build brand loyalty: Testimonials, ultimately, grow trust and increase reiterative clients. Consequently, they build your brand loyalty.
Can you tell me who is more trustworthy to your new visitors? You? The celebrity persons you hire to advertise your products and services? No. Neither you nor the celebrities. But your real clients are undoubtedly more trustworthy to your new visitors. Therefore their positive words are the most impactful.
More than 84% of visitors trust online customer testimonials. Consequently, it can be the best sales tool for your products and services.
So, what are you waiting for? Create your WordPress testimonial carousel in the next few minutes.
Thanks for reading. We really appreciate your comments and queries. Please leave them below. We love to read and reply.