Are you looking for the best weather forecast plugin and the simplest way to display weather forecasts on your WordPress website? Yes! Then you’ve landed at your right destination.
In this blog, I’ll share the seven best WordPress weather forecast plugins. Sure, you will find them super helpful in choosing the best one to display weather updates on your site most easily.
Displaying an eye-catching weather forecast widget on your website helps your customers make plans at the right time and, or improves your site’s user experience, as well as makes your site more aesthetic and informative.
So, let’s dive in
Table of contents
The first one, Location Weather, is a best rated and easy-to-use WordPress plugin designed to create weather widgets and blocks with live weather information for any location worldwide. In addition, with 4 location types: City name, City ID, ZIP, and Coordinates, you can show temperature, humidity, wind speed, atmospheric pressure, and more in beautiful responsive layout presets on your WordPress website.
Moreover, it offers you a wide range of customization options, including overriding to make weather information more relevant to the audience and consistent with your design and branding. Needless to say, it’s lightweight, multilingual, fully responsive, and compatible.
- Worldwide location-based real-time weather data in detail
- AQI – Air Quality Index (coming soon)
- Beautiful horizontal and vertical responsive layouts (coming soon)
- Huge customization options to match your branding and style
- Easy to use – No coding required!
- Up to 16 days of detailed weather forecasts
- Location-based different units as per your visitors’ preference
- Solid, gradient, image, and video weather backgrounds
- Weather-based auto background image change
- Responsive, multilingual, and compatible.
- One-to-one fast support
- See all features
2. OWM Weather
OWM Weather was WP Cloudy previously. It has many of the same functionalities. However, it is entirely separate.
Furthermore, OWM Weather is a powerful and easy-to-use weather forecast plugin that allows the creation of unlimited different Weathers using Custom Post Types and the Open Weather Map API.
Moreover, you can display it anywhere with the automatically generated shortcode.
- 8-day weather forecast with Wind, Humidity, Dew Point, etc.
- Fully responsive & touch-friendly.
- Use a custom field to provide City/Country.
- Unlimited weather widgets and forecasts on a single page.
- Selectable OpenWeather API language.
- Custom location name.
- National weather alerts.
This plugin is free.
3. Wp forecast
Wp-forecast is a plugin for the famous WordPress blogging package.
It shows the weather data from accuweather.com and weatherbug.com. Furthermore, this plugin allows you to display multiple widgets on a single page. Moreover, will enable you to customize it as per your requirements.
- Displays the weather data on your WordPress pages, posts, and sidebar
- Displays OpenUV.io data
- Supports WordPress widgets
- Show what information you want
- supports pull-down forecast data to use space efficiently
- Supports multiple widgets
- Additional CSS
- API for WordPress pros
This plugin is free.
4. Ventus – Weather Map Widget & Shortcode
Ventus allows you to easily display weather data from windy.com on a widget or a regular block on your website. In addition, this plugin is highly accessible and touch-friendly.
Furthermore, it is a lightweight plugin developed following WordPress Coding Standards.
- Set the overlay to clouds, CO concentration, currents, radar/lightning, rain, sea temperature, snow cover, standard temperature, waves, wind, or wind gusts.
- Customize the width, height, and border radius using responsive (%) and fixed (px) values.
- Manually define longitude and latitude for precise location coordinates.
- Select the altitude from the surface up to 13.5km ( effective only when the layer is set to wind or temperature).
- Eight levels of zoom (min. 3, max. 11).
- Show or hide pressure isolines, the map marker, and the spot forecast.
- Various measurement units
- ECMWF, ICON, ICON-EU, GFS, and NEMS forecast models.
- Set the forecast for the next 12 or 24 hours.
5. Weather WordPress Shortcode & Widget
This is a paid weather forecast plugin. However, it’s a highly feature-rich plugin to display weather update widgets with detailed and accurate weather data on your WordPress website. Moreover, It allows you to create a simple shortcode and customize it according to your preference and requirements. Furthermore, It’s fully responsive and touch-friendly.
- User friendly
- Unlimited colors
- Custom date format
- Metric and imperial units
- Customizable update interval
- Seven days forecast options
- show day/night temperature
- location / GSP coordinates
However, it’s paid.
6. Always Sunny
Always Sunny is a beautiful and user-friendly WordPress weather forecast plugin. It brings out the weather data with the OpenWeatherMap API. With the API, it provides correct and live information about weather conditions in your area or any location across the globe you define.
Furthermore, its beautiful design and customizable color schemes make it easy to display weather information in many different layouts and styles, via a Gutenberg block, widget, or short code, on all screen sizes.
- Display Current Weather
- 3/4 Days Forecast Options
- Simple Form for Creating and Adjusting Shortcodes
- Responsive and Retina Ready
- Easily Customizable
- Detailed Documentation
- Beautiful Interface
- Translation Ready
- Metric or Imperial Units
It’s also paid.
7. Weather Forecast
This weather plugin for WordPress is simple and easily adaptive with websites. Furthermore, it displays current weather information for any location worldwide. Enter any location using the name, ZIP code, or coordinates. Moreover, it allows your audience to check updated information on temperature, air pressure, humidity percentage, and more. Furthermore, the plugin has a feature to show the weather updates for the week ahead or the next 12 hours. Most importantly, it also offers themed background images and the features to apply custom colors.
- Display the current weather in any location in the world
- Use the name, the ZIP code, or the coordinate for the area.
- Fahrenheit or Celsius temperature units
- Five variants of the widget configuration to show more or fewer data
- Daily weather forecast
- Hourly weather for the next 12 hours
- Icons of the current weather element
- Different weather backgrounds and colors
Lastly, all the plugins we discussed above are the best WordPress weather forecast plugins. Undoubtedly, you can explore them and find the plugin works best for your requirements and preferences. Despite, if you insist on me to share my experience and preference, I would tell you to choose Location Weather. In a word, it’s the best. Its robust features and ease of use set it apart from others.