Latest Posts Pro is a very powerful widget plugin for WordPress which displays your most recent or latest posts, based on category with thumbnails, date & unlimited color on different styles. This is perfect for simple blogs & online magazines. Widgets come with highly customizable control panels. Easy to use and support multi-widget even in the same sidebar.
To get the best experience of this plugin, we recommend the followings–
- PHP 5.6 or later
- MySQL 5.6 or later
- WordPress 4.4.1 or later
To be sure about the above requirements contact your hosting vendor.
Suppose you have installed WordPress. If you do not know how to install WordPress contact your hosting provider or see the document https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress .
- Login to the admin panel of WordPress
- Navigate to the to Plugins → Add New → Upload File. Click Choose File and select the zipped file named latest-posts-pro-v1.0.zip. Click Install Now. When done, click Activate Plugin.
- After activating the Latest Posts Pro plugin, you are ready to use the Latest Posts widget.
Now, go to the Widgets page of the Appearance section and configure the Latest Posts. After installation of
After installation of Latest Posts Pro plugin, we will get a widget named Latest Posts Pro on the widget area. Just add the widget on the sidebar or footer of your site. There are many options available on this plugin. The options are below–
With the widget title field, we can edit widget title text.
When you clicks on the Category field you will see all the categories added on your site. Select a category to show the posts from a specific one. The default value is all categories.
We can use three styles in this latest posts widget. The default style is Style 1.
Sort retrieved posts by The Order By option. The options are–
- Date - Order by post date.
- Title - Order by title.
- Modified - Order by last modified date.
- Author - Order by an author.
- Random - Random order.
Defaults to Date.
Designates the ascending or descending order of the 'Order By' parameter. Options are–
- 'ASC' - ascending order from lowest to highest values (1, 2, 3; a, b, c).
- 'DESC' - descending order from highest to lowest values (3, 2, 1; c, b, a).
Defaults to 'DESC'.
Set a color code to modify the widget text color. Default is #ff6c6c.
Number of Posts
Set a number of posts to display.
Check the checkbox to hide date.